Hot New Music Releases

Team Breezy Stays Loyal

As he spends his time locked away, Chris Brown’s management has decided to move forward with promotion for his upcoming album dropping the video for his new single Loyal this past week. The song features rappers Lil Wayne and Tyga who drop hot verses on the track making it an instant club banger. From Brown’s smooth vocals to his dance moves that will have anyone captivated even when he is being silly, there is no denying Brown’s talent. The fun video even has cameo’s from R&B singers Trey Songz and Usher, who are casually singing along to the lyrics while hanging out with Brown, at LA’s Universal Studios CityWalk.  The video has reached over 17 million views showing Team Breezy is definitely still in effect, and supporting Brown as he faces up to four years behind bars for violating parole.

Jay Z Gives Drake An Apology? Not Quite…

What happens when you mix Drake, Jay Z and Rolling Stone magazine together? A new, hip hop beef that has lead to series of fierce verses! The Pound Cake rappers are currently at odds after an interview, Drake did with Rolling Stone.  In the magazine Drake, referred to Brooklyn native as “corny” saying, “It’s like Hov can’t drop bars these days without at least four art references.” Never shying away from any beef, Jay Z, responded to the diss by dropping a verse on Jay Electronica’s record “We Made It”, saying “Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so much art/Silly me, rappin’ ’bout shit that I really bought.” While many feel the heavy weight rapper had brought the beef to an end in a classy manner, Drake fired back with a verse on his newest track “Draft Day” where potentially ending the feud with the lines “We all do it for the art so I can never hate though” turning the beef into a friendly competition.

Keys and Kendrick Debut Spiderman 2 Song

Alicia Keys dropped a new record this week with a feature from Compton’s very own Kendrick Lamar. The song was produced by the one and only Pharrell Williams and will be featured on The Amazing Spider-Man 2’s film/soundtrack. Kendrick opens the track, rapping over a rock and roll beat dropping verse after verse effortlessly showing the world once again why he is a crowd favorite. It then takes a turn with Keys coming on the track with her soft vocals singing on a “disco/groovy” melody. It’s definitely has a “super-hero” upbeat tempo that be perfect for the movie, which makes it no surprise that the film will be using it in its ending credits. The soundtrack will available for fans on April 22nd and the film will be in theaters on May 2nd.