Spring Beauty: Bold & Bright

UrbanDecayUrban-decay-electric-pigment-pressed-palette_-10Divergent-Cosmetics-Divergent-Multi-Piece-Collectors-Kit-2Spring weather has never felt better and it’s finally the right time to wear those playful colors you’ve long waited to don all winter. Check out some of these awesome, noteworthy beauty collections for this season that will have you sprinting out the room.

Have you fallen in the “Divergent” fan base yet? This spring’s popular action film has created such a huge fan base, Sephora created a makeup collection, inspired by the book-turned-movie, called “DIVERGENT COSMETICS.”  But expect “Divergent-” themed colors, such as smokey eyes, shimmery neutrals and blushes that makes your cheeks pop. The seven-piece nail art kit has an ombre range of clear to beige to dark navy. If you loved the movie or just like movie-inspired beauty collections, this one’s selling like hotcakes; the Multi-Piece Collector’s Kit (which has a bit of everything, from eyeshadows to lip glosses and a double-ended brush) is in high demand and the rest of the collection will go off the shelves any day now.

We know you gals loved the Urban Decay Naked trilogy but how does change sound, say neon? Festival season is almost in full swing and that means showcasing your inner vividness, from head to toe, in the most playful colors you can find. Urban Decay is helping to add more fun in the play with their 10-color Electric Pressed Pigment Palette, which is not exactly all-inclusively neon colors, but shades you probably won’t wear on an everyday basis—flamboyant shades from hot pink to bright blue (and yes, there’s a lime green in the mix!).  For $49, all shades are in matte, metallic and glitter finishes–we dare you.

It palette of the moment Naked is back in full force this season. From the buzz surrounding the release of Naked 3, the Urban Decay team has decided to expand the line with all kinds of other makeup, including lipglosses and loose powders. Since their debut Naked palette took off, they have also found success with the Naked Skin Beauty Balm, which now comes in darker shades. With this new expansion, don’t expect any dramatic nonsense; they are living up to the name and keeping it as neutral and as minimal as possible.

Want to play? Get ready for some fun with MAC’s latest spring collection, called Playland. Expect bubblegum-pop, bouquet of flowers shades of pastel lipsticks. The collection has the full package of lipglosses, perfect spring lip pot colors, pencil liners, and bright pigments. Unless you don’t mind carrying a brush (or even dipping your fingers), the lip pots (or Casual Pots, formerly called “Tendertones”) creates the perfect pink lips that will make them pop.

Dior’s runway shows are extremely detailed and you really can’t expect any less musing in their beauty collections. Though the Trianon Collection is fairly small and quite limited, the colors are original and the epitome of real, flirty, yet innocent spring colors. Inspired by Marie Antoinette’s nature retreat at Versailles and its surrounding gardens, mixed with scrumptious macaroons, this collection kicks in a real feel of the spring season. From eyeshadows, nail polishes and lipglosses to pore minimizers and light skin boosters, we’d say this one’s the winner for this season!