After Multiple Set Backs, Brown Finally Makes A Come Back

After multiple setbacks Chris Brown’s sixth studio album ‘X’ was released Sept. 16.The album released last Tuesday covers all bases as Brown gives fans a taste of his growth as an artist by dipping into a variety of genres. With the album featuring Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, electronic dance and rock music, there is something for everybody to vibe to.

Although the album suffered multiple push backs due to legal issues, it does not disappoint. Boasting 19 tracks, each one has its own identity and tells a story of Chris’ love journey. The album features the hit singles “Fine China,” “Don’t Think They Know (feat. Aaliyah),” “Love More (feat. Nicki Minaj),” “Loyal (feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga)” and “New Flame (feat. Usher and Rick Ross).” With so many hits one can only wonder what else is on the album? Well, one stand-out track is “Songs on 12 Play” featuring Chris’ upcoming tour mate Trey Songz. This song is pretty much an ode to R-Kelly using the melodies from his previous songs, this is sure to be a favorite for all of the girls who are fans of both Virginia natives.  Another track “Drunk Texting” featuring Jhene Aiko speaks about only being able to express your feelings when intoxicated, on the duet Brown and Aiko sing “Intoxicated, That’s when I think of you the most// But after the tides, anything goes.”

To cater to his dance/electronic fans, Brown has Diplo-produced title track “X.” It chronicles his journey from his ex, Rihanna, to his now on-and-off again girlfriend Karreuche Tran, penned by Amber ‘Sevyn’ Streeter. On the track he sings “If you’re only as good as the company you keep//Then I’mma blame you for what they say about me (Free your mind, and let your conscience be free).”

Brown also has something on the album for fans of his original R&B sound with features from vocalist Brandy on “Do Better” and Legendary R&B crooner R. Kelly on “Drown In It.” These two duets remind Brown’s fans and the general public that he is multi-dimensional when it comes to his writing, mixing and mastering of songs spanning numerous genres.

“X” is a solid album and is sure to be a crowd pleaser on Brown’s joint tour with Trey Songz. The dates are to be announced at a later date.

RCA Records