Chris Brown paternity drama & “Blurred Lines” lawsuit results

Chris Brown Baby Drama

Reports are surfacing that 25-year old pop star, Chris Brown is the father of a nine-month-old baby girl. TMZ broke the story early last week when they got word that Brown had taken a paternity test to determine if he was the father of Houston model/video girl Nia Guzman Amey’s daughter Royalty.

The story is as messy as it comes with so many elements factoring into the paternity of the child. For starters, Brown who is never one to bite his tongue has yet to confirm that he is not the father. However, the rumors haven’t stopped him from posting pictures of his art work online and talking recklessly to angry commenters. Fans have bashed him for publicly embarrassing on-again and now off-again girlfriend Karrueche Tran. The sometime model took to Twitter in letting the world know that she decided to end her relationship with Brown “officially” after the baby news broke. She tweeted from her personal account, “Listen. One can only take so much. The best of luck to Chris and his family. No baby drama for me. [insert baby emoji].” While that isn’t exactly a confirmation on the matter of Brown’s paternity, it does not exactly help his case.

The “Fine China” singer’s camp has been completely quiet on the matter, leaving Brown to take on the media himself posting a harsh message on Instagram blasting fans for being so evasive saying, “How about yall kiss my ass. Ima post what the f**k I want, say what I want when I want. I don’t owe you nosey muhfuckas a damn thing. This FRUITZ #500.”  The “Ayo” singer’s mother Joyce Hawkins only made the matter worse, adding in her two cents in saying she could only speak for herself and no one else. It left many fans to believe that Brown is indeed the father of 9-month-old Royalty.

Just when you thought the story could not get any more interesting, there seems to be a plot twist. Nia Guzman, CB’s alleged baby mama was married to her husband for over a decade when she found out she was pregnant. Her now ex-husband, Terry Amey, who she shares a 13-year-old daughter with came forward spilling the tea. That couple divorced when he found out she was pregnant by her boyfriend, aspiring rapper Brazil, but claims he had no idea it was Brown.

While Brown has still yet to give a simple yes or no, with photographs of him and Nia partying alongside Karreuche are causing a ton of sideways glances. To add insult to injury, it turns out Nia was close with Christina Milian, Karrreuche’s BFF. So close that Milian’s ex-fiance Jas Prince is referred to as Royalty’s uncle.

As for now, TMZ is reporting that Brown has decided to take Nia to court to set an official child support amount, since she opened her mouth and ‘blabbed.’ Brown and his team still remain silent on the issue, but he managed to pull a post-and-delete of an Instagram caption. In the lengthy caption Brown lashed out saying, “Some of you ignorant human beings on here have yet to grasp the concept of your own lives. This is for encouragement for anyone dealing with their own issues.”

Marvin Gaye’s Estate Win Big In “Blurred Lines” Lawsuit  

After much deliberation the courts have decided that Robin Thicke and super producer Pharrell Williams ripped off Marvin Gaye’s 1977 hit “Got To Give It Up” with their mega hit “Blurred Lines.”

Gaye’s estate lead by his daughter, Nona Gaye, have been awarded $7.8 million by a Los Angeles judge after the jury sided with their claim that the 2013 summer anthem was copied off of her father’s classic song.

When the news first broke of the suit, both Williams and Thicke both denied taking Gaye other than as inspiration.

Gaye’s daughter wept as the judge said the good news; justice for her deceased father.

“Right now, I feel free,” she continued telling the Associated Press “Free from… Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke’s chains and what they tried to keep on us and the lies that were told.”

Unfortunately, with good comes the bad. Thicke has yet to respond to the jury’s decision, but super producer Williams’ lawyer released a statement saying, “While we respect the judicial process, we are extremely disappointed in the ruling made today, which sets a horrible precedent for music and creativity going forward.”