Willow Smith whipped her hair to the modeling industry

Willow Smith is now a model? Yes. She is officially signed with the Society Management, who represents many celebrities,  such as Victoria’s Secret Angel Adriana Lima, Andreja Pejic and Kendall Jenner, who is one of the less scandalous members of the Kardashian family.

Jenner was signed with the Society Management in November 2013 and, in that following spring, she was walking in New York Fashion Week for Marc Jacobs, in London for Giles Deacon and in Paris for Givenchy and Chanel. After that week, Kendall was hand­picked by Karl Lagerfeld to walk in his show in Paris and was cast in a Givenchy campaign.

Jenner went on to work with the top brand designers all over the world. Also, if you haven’t noticed the many advertisements this year, she is now the face of Estée Lauder. But, Jenner decided early on to drop her last name to further the distinction between her own career and her family’s.

Will Willow Smith do the same? Being the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith used to be her claim to fame before she started her own path.  She starred with her father in the film, “I Am Legend” (2007). But, her acting didn’t end there as she acted alongside Abigail Breslin in “Kit Kittredge: an American Girl” (2008).

In 2010, however, Willow decided to take a different path and became a recording artist.

She released the song, “Whip My Hair,” which became all of our guilty pleasures, and rose to no. 11 on the “Billboard Top 100.” She followed this achievement with a live performance at the “Kid’s Choice Awards.”

What people may not know is that she has continued to create new music. She collaborated with the beautiful Nicki Minaj on the song “Fireball” and “I Am Me,” followed by a song released a few weeks ago, “Why Don’t You Cry.” She did all of this before she turns over to a new chapter in her life (only 14-years-old, mind you), which is to become a model. Not to demean her accomplishments by any means, but I can’t help but wonder why she was signed to the same management that Jenner is under.

Kylie Jenner is good  friends with Willow’s older brother, Jaden. There could be a connection in the Hollywood world that could have made this happen. Not to mention again, that she is Will and Jada’s daughter.  I’m hoping that she gained this opportunity by her own merit because she is already very talented for her age.

On the other hand, could you imagine a cat­fight between Jenner and Smith? It’s a dog-eat-dog world in the fashion industry. You could definitely expect them to be competing for clients, but *insert Kermit sipping out of his tea cup here* you didn’t hear it from me.