NYC Shopping Made Easy

NYC Shopping Made Easy

Santa needs help this holiday season and there are only a few places to go to get the best experience while helping out the big guy. For all of you that missed the extravagant yet chaotic and hectic shopping experience on Black Friday, don’t worry. The shopping deals and discounts are far from over in the city that never sleeps.

If you plan to be in the Big Apple during the Christmas Holiday Season there are a few places that must be visited in order to have the ultimate shopping experience.  For a limited time only during this season, vendors set up booths selling items such as scarves, toys, household items, ornaments, jewelry and candy.

1.     Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair: Have you ever seen a laser light show? Where else to see one other than the famous Grand Central Terminal during the holiday season? Visit the Terminal to experience the extravagant light show while shopping in the 12,000 square foot Vanderbilt Hall. The Terminal is a definite must see!

·       Where: Grand Central Terminal, Vanderbilt Hall, 42nd St. and Park Ave. (212-340-2210)

·       When: November 12 through December 24, 2012

·       Hours: Daily, 10am-7pm

2.     Bryant Park Holiday Shops: Bryant Park becomes a market-styled extravaganza this holiday season as it continues its annual tradition of festivities. With nearly 130 merchants from all over the world, the shops at Bryant Park should be at the top of your list. This free holiday fair also features the Bryant Park Pond where free ice skating takes place Monday through Friday.

·       Where: Bryant Park, 6th Ave at 42nd St. (866-221-5157)

·       When: Daily, October 26, 2012 through early January, 2013

·       Hours: Mon-Fri, 11am-8pm; Sat 10am-9pm; Sun, 10am-6pm

3.     Union Square Park Holiday Market: Union Square Park during the holidays is the epitome of an outdoor shipping wonderland. With over 100 vendors with treats just for you, Union Square is a must-visit. Hot Cider is also served at special stands throughout the park along with other sweet treats as you shop!

·       Where: Union Square Park at 14th St. (212-529-9262)

·       When: November 16 through December 26, 2012

·       Hours: Daily, 11am-8pm

4.     FAO Schwartz Toy Store: You certainly have not lived unless you have visited the FAO Schwartz Toy Store in NYC. During the Christmas Season, a tour of this spectacular store is a one-of-a-kind experience that everyone should partake in whether you have children or not. If you’ve ever thought of revisiting your childhood just once in your lifetime, the FAO Schwartz toy store is the place to do it.

·       Where: 767 5th Ave at 58th Street (212-644-9400)

·       When: December, 2012 through early January, 2013

·       Hours: Mon-Thurs, 9am-10pm; Fri-Sun 8am-11pm

5.     Columbus Circle Holiday Fair: The same organizers behind the Union Square Holiday Market are at it once again as they host the annual Columbus Circle Holiday Fair in Central Park.  Stop by for an awesome shopping fair featuring over 100 vendors with a wide variety of merchandise specially crafted just for you.

·       Where: Southwest entrance to Central Park at Central Park West and Central Park South (212-529-9262)

·       When: November 28 through December 24, 2012

Hours: Daily, 10am-8pm