Fresh food for a fresh outlook

Om. Om. Om. Om.

When you think of dining at a local café, meditation may not be the first thing that comes to your mind (certainly not in the daily hustle and bustle of Queens). However, there is one particular place that will, without a doubt, nourish both your body and soul.

The Panorama of my Silence-Heart Café, located on Parsons Blvd, is inspired by a spiritual teacher named Sri Chinmoy who lived from the 1960s until 2007, according to the café’s website. In fact, Sri Chinmoy’s meditation students are those responsible for the management of the establishment.

The environment inside the café is that of sheer tranquility. It is hard to imagine a New York restaurant/coffee shop to be such a peaceful environment, but it is certainly possible at this joint.

What better way to soothe a stressed college student’s mind than with a nutritious menu? The selection at Panorama includes vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options for our friends with specific dietary needs.

Need a pick-me-up? You can order a coffee beverage called “Instant Happiness,” which consists of a double shot, cream, vanilla and caramel. Let me know if you can sip this without smiling.

The menu also features a variety of teas, fresh juices, smoothies, salads, sandwiches, desserts and breakfast options made with free-range eggs (whether or not the range of your eggs is important to you).

Torch Photo/Diana Colapietro
Torch Photo/Diana Colapietro

As a pineapple lover, I indulged in the “Tropical Dream” smoothie made with banana, pineapple, strawberries, coconut milk and a little bit of love. It paired quite nicely with the breakfast wrap.

I know what you’re thinking: a classic breakfast burrito chock full of red onions, black beans, eggs, a multitude of cheeses, dollops of sour cream and diced tomatoes covered in hot sauce. That is not the case at Panorama.

The breakfast wrap is comprised of scrambled egg, pesto, avocado, tomato, lettuce and cheese. Although it contains similar ingredients to a traditional breakfast burrito, it does not come with all of the guilt. You can taste the fresh factor of each ingredient.

St. John’s senior Justice Beckford  found love in a hopeless place as a vegetarian seeking quality food.

“The food and beverages solidify Panorama’s intent on making your eating experience not only all-natural, but all delicious and fresh,” he said. “For people with diets that stray from the world of meat and fried foods, Panorama Café is definitely a nutritional oasis off the beaten path.”

Even Panorama’s grilled cheese will leave you feeling inspired. The restaurant’s take on this simple item hits the spot. For a mere $2.95, you have a choice of regular or whole-wheat toast with cheddar, American or Swiss cheese.

Torch Photo/Diana Colapietro
Torch Photo/Diana Colapietro

Whether or not you meditate, the quality of this food will lift your spirits (Disclaimer: This is not a proven fact).

However, there are scientific facts out there to prove how eating better food can improve your attitude and happiness. Take that information and run like the wind to potentially make your life easier on a day-to-day basis.

Namaste.