Top 15 Things You Must Do In NYC This Fall

Summer might have come to an end in New York City, but the fun hasn’t. In fact, a whole new series of events and opportunities to travel are at the fingertips of all New Yorkers, and those who wish to visit during this time of year. The crisp air allows for perfect days to walk through city parks, hot apple cider, pumpkin beer, football and endless events. Here are the top fifteen things you still have time to do (and absolutely should do) before the dark depths of winter start creeping in!

1)   Latino Heritage month at SJU. Check out one of the tons of events going on throughout the month of October.

2)   Union Square Greenmarket. Expect to find the best apple cider and produce for this season!

3)   NYC Wine & Food Festival – Running Oct. 17-20, check out their website for listings of seminars, walk-around tastings and parties!

4)   Walk, jog, bike-ride or play some ball in all of the city’s majestic parks once the leaves start changing. *Personal favorites include Astoria Park, Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Central Park and Prospect Park.

5)   Walk along the Brooklyn Bridge on a perfect fall day.

6)   Walk across the Highline. On Tuesday nights, participate in the free Stargaze event, with members of the Amateur Astronauts Association of New York to help explain what you’re seeing.  Going on until the end of October.

7)   IT ‘S OKTOBERFEST! Celebrate at the city’s best beer gardens- preferably Bohemian Hall or Studio square in Astoria

8)   Haunted Houses. Check out the creepiest places to get spooked both in the city and on Long Island.

9)   Street festivals. Check your local neighborhood listings, or any neighborhood you’re interested in exploring!

10)   Halloween parade in the village. Go and watch, or dress up and participate!

11)   Museum hop, or check out some gallery openings! *Personal favorites: The Museum of the Moving Image, the MoMA and the MET.

12)   Try a new restaurant before the weather gets cold!!! *Personal favorite neighborhoods are Astoria, Forest Hills and the Lower East Side.

13)   Watch and support the NYC Marathon on Nov. 3, and wake up and attend the Thanksgiving Day parade on Thanksgiving. Two iconic and legendary NYC events!

14)   Get out of the city, and go pumpkin- or apple-picking either upstate, or out on Long Island (either the North or South Fork.)

15)   Check out the NYC Film Festival, which ends on Oct. 13.