This week in showbiz

Hough’s costume causes controversy

There were tons of celebrities in outrageous Halloween costumes over the weekend, but they all seemed bland in comparison to actress Julianne Hough’s blackface costume.

The 25-year-old starlet headed to a party dressed as her favorite character, “Crazy Eyes,” from hit Netflix show “Orange is the New Black,” causing complete and utter chaos on social media sites.

Hough showed up to the party with a few pals dressed in orange jumpsuits with fake chains attaching them by the ankles, with the budding starlet accessorizing with a long sleeve gray t-shirt and two knotted twist like the fictional character. Her biggest accessory of the night was her makeup: her darkened eyebrows and foundation fit for a black woman’s complexion.

After realizing her costume was found offensive by many she immediately tweeted, “I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created. It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize.”

Unfortunately, it was a tad bit too late for damage control as blogs and magazines trashed “The Safe Haven” star’s choice of costume and personal beliefs. Talk show host, Wendy Williams slammed Hough on her show, saying the Halloween incident “showed her ignorant side.”

The former “Dancing With the Star” contestant’s family is owning up to situation’s stupidity with her brother Derek Hough telling E!, ”It wasn’t her brightest moment in her life, but hopefully we can move on.”

Brown seeks help with anger management issues

It is no secret that trouble has no problem finding, Chris Brown. The R&B bad boy has been a ticking tabloid bomb since his February 2009 incident with ex-girlfriend Rihanna. With one assault charge after another, it surprised no one when Brown was arrested two weeks ago after being involved in an altercation with two male fans while celebrating Howard University Homecoming in D.C.

The incident took place after Brown allegedly refused to take a picture with the two males, saying he was not into the gay stuff “but into boxing.” It was then reported that Brown and his bodyguard began punching the two males, resulting in both being arrested and later jailed.

The “Fine China” singer was released from jail after 36-hours when the judge reduced his assault felony charge to a misdemeanor.

A representative for the Grammy winner confirmed the rehab stint, saying, “His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior.”

Brown admitted to his new probation officer earlier this week that he has anger management issues. The “Please Don’t Judge Me” singer has a probation hearing later this month where the judge will decide to let singer complete his fifth year of probation and 1,000 extra community services hours or send him to jail to complete four years.

The rep for the once-crowned prince of pop, said in an official statement that the Brown camp has high hopes for rehab and are hoping it gives him skills, “enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point.”

Jonas Brothers call it quits due to ‘creative differences’ 

Less than a month after cancelling their worldwide tour, the Jo Bros have called it quits. The once-popular boy band shattered the hearts of millions around the world this week after revealing their big split to People Magazine.

The musical trio, better known as Kevin, Nick and Joe Jonas, has decided to head their separate ways after citing “creative differences” in mid-October. The brothers caused tons of commotion on social media after ending their first major tour in years – two days before it kicked off.

Fans were left outraged, taking to Twitter to voice their disbelief about the situation. It all seemed for a moment when youngest JB member Nick Jonas tweeted “Bear with us.”

Although the news seems inevitable to many since most Disney stars eventually break out of their mold, it seemed the Jonas boys would be able to “Hold On” forever. With a fifth studio album titled “V” on the way later this year with two singles already lined up, the death of America’s hottest boy band of the late 2000s has left everyone speechless.

Performing together might not be in the cards for the brothers anytime soon, but they each will respectively continue on with their careers. Oldest brother Kevin can be seen on E! reality show “Married to Jonas” with wife Danielle, who is currently pregnant with the couple’s first child.

24-year-old Joe, will continue to strive for a career as a solo pop artist and Miley Cyrus’ ex-boyfriend Nick will focus on his life as a Broadway actor.