TWISB: This Week In ShowBiz

housewiveshousewives2

As the drama-filled season comes to an end, one can only look forward to the always “tea filled” reunion show hosted by “Real Housewives” franchise creator Andy Cohen. The season six reunion, much like this season in general, is set to be unlike anything Atlanta housewives fans have seen before. According to insiders, a major fight ensued between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore.  Word on the blogosphere is that Porsha was tired of being talked negatively and critically about by Kenya and reportedly snapped by punching Kenya in the face and proceeding to pull and drag her by her hair. The aftermath of the fight has caused fellow RHOA costars to take sides, most notably Nene Leaks and Phaedra Parks, who reportedly are both threatening to leave the show if Kenya isn’t fired from the show for being a troublemaker. While it is not a total shocker that the cast is in cahoots over kicking Kenya off the show for her foolish antics, many are upset that Bravo is trying to terminate Porsha’s contract for standing up for herself. 

Not long after “Late Show” host David Letterman announced his 2015 retirement did the race for the next late show host begin. Right off the heels of crowning Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers as new late night show hosts, female comedians like Chelsea Handler and Amy Schumer entered the race for next “Late Show” host. However, the race was short lived because shortly after the speculations begun, “The Colbert Report”’s Stephen Colbert was named the new “Late Show” host. Letterman seemed to be quite content with the network’s choice as well as passing the torch to Colbert, saying, “They needed to find someone with glasses.” As Colbert fans wait for his “Late Show” reign to begin, the world is patiently waiting for CBS to reveal the official show name to see if the network uses the French or American pronunciation.

“Grey’s Anatomy”’s alum Katherine Heigl filed a lawsuit against drugstore giant Duane Reade last Wednesday in a Manhattan federal court. The 35-year-old actress is seeking at least 6 million in damages. Heigl claims that the pharmacy violated her rights by using her name and likeness for promotional use without her consent. The popular chain store tweeted, “Love a quick #DuaneReade run? Even @KatieHeigl can’t resist shopping #NYC’s favorite drugstore” with a link to JustJared.com of a photo of Heigl carrying two large Duane Reade bags taken by the paparazzi. The actress says that if she does win her lawsuit against the popular chain, that any money won will go to her charity the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation, which promotes and supports animal welfare.