Runnin’ for the weekend

The St. John’s cross country team placed 14th at the annual 6K Big East Championships last weekend, hosted by Syracuse University in Jamesville, N.Y.

As a team, the Red Storm finished with 423 total points and had an average time of 24:36. All five scoring runners for the Red Storm finished in the top 100 points slots.

Red Storm junior Samantha Meyerhoff led all Red Storm runners with an overall time of 23:43 and an average mile time of 6:22.

Meyerhoff placed 76th overall out of 133 runners.

Junior Nicole Cocozza also had a great showing during the race as she was the second Red Storm runner to cross the finish line with a time of 24:03. Cocozza placed 83rd overall.

Senior Sarah Sudbury finished third on the team and placed 101st overall with a time of 24:42.

Junior Ayron Trujillo and freshman Chelsea Trant were the only two other Red Storm runners to score for finishing the race. Trujillo finished the race with a time of 25:03 while Traunt finished with a time of 25:31, respectively.

Freshman Angela Jarvela ran a time of 26:19 while senior Katrina finished the race at the 28:29 mark.

Big East-rival Villanova took first place in the races for the third consecutive season. Five Wildcat runners placed in the top 15, including two runners taking first and second place.

St. John’s will return to action on November 13 when they will compete in the NCAA Northeast Regionals in Madison, Conn.