TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE

Whether one experiences the warm breeze of an exotic island or catches up with the errand-filled, non-stop hustle and bustle of New York City, it is certainly preferable to enjoy two consecutive weeks off for Spring break instead of having one in March and one in April for Easter.

“It would be beneficial to have at least two weeks of fun without worrying about classes,” Onochie Modebe III said. “You have more time to travel. I went to Atlanta, Georgia and I didn’t have enough time to enjoy myself, as I only had one week.” Students’ plans are easily hampered by the university’s choice to separate the two weeks of Spring vacation.

While many students enjoy fun in the sun in exotic locations, not everyone can afford a beachside spring break. Because of vacationing expenses, some may say that students would suffer through two consecutive weeks of vacation if they were stuck at home.

But as college students, isn’t there always something we should be doing?

The typical college student applies for summer internships, completes spring break class assignments, and most importantly, make up for all of the sleep that a normal college student misses out on during the academic weeks. Besides, one can always go clubbing, visit the city, hang out with their fellow homebody friends, or do “Spring Cleaning” during Spring Break-the possibilities are endless.

Two consecutive weeks of relaxation would help the University as a whole. Students would have a more constructive schedule heading into the end of the Spring semester. With eight more weeks in the semester remaining after a two-week break, students would be forced into proficiency as they would be in it for the long haul. Instead, students hold onto the idea that they can, as sophomore Blessy Vighese said, “make [work] up over the next break,” thus giving room for procrastination and laziness.

Spring break should be two consecutive weeks around the end of Lent. It would be the best solution for everyone-students and faculty.