Singing Sisters

For fans of the indie rock/pop music scene, the Canadian twin sister duo, Tegan and Sara are back in action again with their sixth studio album, Sainthood, which was released yesterday. The band has been touring and writing music since 2000 but gained mainstream success after their last album, 2007’s The Con. The album featured hit singles “Back in Your Head” and “The Con”.

The group says Sainthood addresses secular themes of devotion, delusion, and exemplary behavior in the pursuit of love and rela≠tionships and is inspired by emotional longing and quiet actions.

Sainthood is about obsession with romantic ideals. On their Web site, the group describes the album’s tracks as ones which can be woven like scripture or a bedtime story.

The album’s first single “Hell,” which was made available for download earlier this month, is one of the best songs on the album and is sure to attract mass appeal.

It combines familiar Tegan and Sara vocals with a new but great sound. This applies to most of the songs on the album. The girls take turn on singing the lead vocals on every track except one, “Paperback Head,” a pop inspired duet.

Sainthood is a work of art that shows the very different aspects of love, but is also very cohesive album while each song is both unique and adds a new element to the album.

The songs range from a few fun and catchy tunes to others that are perfect vocally for singing off key while driving. The sound is very familiar for Tegan and Sara but has a different feel from their previous ventures.

Fans of the group will find this to be another great album from the duo and new fans will find this album to be a relief from other music right now that usually lacks substance and true passion. The album is catchy, fun and is perfect. Sainthood is a must listen and is perfect for that next party or hangout/study session.