First Listen

Brooklyn has bred some of the fi nest rappers the hip-hop game has heard and continues to do so. Wordspit, an emcee who hails from Brooklyn, recently gained national exposure through the new McDonald’s ad campaign, Brooklyn Dollar
Van Demos.

Before his big break, Wordspit, whose real name is Christopher Dupree, was a regular in the open mic circuit. This allowed him to gain experience, a chance to network
with other rappers and expand as a hip-hop artist.
After his run in the open mic circuit, Wordspit started performing in solo shows in early
2009. With over a year under his belt as a solo artist, he’s been featured by major hip-hop Web sites such as TheSource.com, AllHipHop.com, HipHopDX.com and other music blogs.

Wordspit has also been featured as an artist to watch out for in the L Magazine’s “25 under
25: Young New Yorkers Who Are Better Than You” and URB.com’s “Next 1,000.” With an extensive fanbase via the Internet, Wordspit has been able to attract a wide range of listeners and fans from all over.

For Wordspit, music was always a part of his life. Dupree’s father was a musician as well.

At an early age, he would go to his father’s music studio and freestyle in the booth for hours
and started considering a career in rap at the age of 16.

Last summer he released his mixtape The Coolest BBoi Stance, further developing and showcasing his talent. With tracks such as “Hello, Good Morning,” “Joystick Madness,” and “Poet’s Haiku,” Wordspit speaks boldly about experiences he’s had in life and has no fear in showing emotion.

Coming into the hip-hop game with this wave of newcomers such as Drake and Kid Cudi, it’s important to learn to stand out and be appreciated for being different and Wordspit does just that.

Hip-hop wasn’t always about party music and “beef” between rappers. Wordspit brings back the art of lyricism and makes it something the listener can enjoy.

Listeners can expect another mixtape release, more shows and charity events from the rapper, as he continues to appear in the McDonald’s commercial

Many still say that hip-hop is dead, but with artists like Wordspit, the genre has only
evolved