Top Valentine’s Day Hangouts

It’s Valentine’s Day! Whether you’ve been planning for weeks, or only remembered yesterday and need ideas, check out these places in Queens for a fun and affordable time.

Since this year Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday — specifically Ash Wednesday — you may not have a lot of time to do long dinners or walks in the park. It’s too cold for that, so check out these options for a quick and fun Valentine’s Day outing for you and a significant other, or even with friends.

1. Shake Shack

Address: 71-26 Austin St, Forest Hills, NY 11375 and Queens Center 90-15 Queens Blvd, Queens, NY 11373

Price range: $-$$

Yes, I’m telling you to go to Shake Shack for Valentine’s Day. With a menu that offers something for everyone, it’s a nice place to have an inexpensive and tasty date.

Shake Shack is also going with the Valentine’s Day vibe and is offering a special Valentine’s Day-inspired milkshake. This strawberry shake is topped with whipped cream and edible glitter.

They also offer a Red Velvet Chocolate Chip shake that would pair well with any meal. Buy one to share, but I promise you’ll want your own once you try it.

2. Martha’s Country Bakery

Address: 70-28 Austin Street Forest Hills, NY 11375

Price range: $$-$$$

Located in Forest Hills, this bakery is only a short train ride away and features decadent sweets and drinks with a seating area available for customers to sit and enjoy their treats.

Martha’s currently has a Valentine’s display and special treats from chocolate-covered strawberries to cupcakes.While Lulu’s is a great place to pick up something sweet, Martha’s Country Bakery has seating available for a fun relaxed time. Although it’s often very busy, Martha’s is still worth the wait.

3. T-Swirl Crepe

Address: 70-23 Austin St. Forest Hills, NY 11375

Price range: $-$$

If you don’t have the biggest sweet tooth, T-Swirl Crepes should satisfy your cravings. This crepe shop does offer a menu of sweet crepes like Banana Chocolate ($6.95) and Caramel Fuji ($6.95), but they also offer savory crepes made with eggs, meats and vegetables.

This Forest Hills location offers a relaxed and quiet environment that is very welcoming for a quick Valentine’s day date between classes. T-Swirl Crepe is very inexpensive, and they also offer a variety of teas, slushes and coffees.

4. Lulu’s Bakery

Address: 185-26 Union Tpke, Fresh Meadows, NY 11366

Price range: $-$$

Located on Union Turnpike, this bakery has been serving Fresh Meadows with Italian-style treats like cannolis, biscuits, cakes and so much more for almost 10 years. The shop currently has Valentine’s Day-themed sweets and treats at inexpensive prices.

5. Pinot’s Palette

Address: 39-17 Bell Blvd, Bayside, NY 11361

Price Range: $$

A paint and sip class located in East Meadows offers an instructional painting class where couples can come and work on a painting in one sitting. Pinot’s Palette is offering a special class on Valentine’s Day where couples can work on a combined painting together. At only $38 per person, this is the perfect thing to add to any date night.