Speed Dating Your Prospective Professors
Isabella Acierno, Outreach Manager • April 29, 2024

PARE Celebrates Annual Halloween Mumufest

Students enjoy live music, game booths and performances

Halloween is that time of year where anyone can dress up as anything they want and spend the day having fun. Some people get so excited for Halloween that they celebrate it in more ways than one. The Philippine-Americans Reaching Everyone (P.A.R.E.) organization celebrated the holiday early by holding the annual “Mumufest” this last Tuesday.

Held at the D’Angelo Center, Mumufest, or ‘monsterfest’ in Tagalog, the language of the Philippines, is a celebration of everything fun and scary about Halloween. Students were able to dress up in costumes and spent time with their friends and classmates.

“A lot of cultures have specific traditions of Halloween. So, what we are trying to do is like having a Halloween party to signify the monsters and spirits coming out for the night; but also bring other cultures and orgs together,” said Brittany Tunac, a senior and one of the members of P.A.R.E. who helped organized the event.

Many student organizations, fraternities and sororities joined the festivities. From Pi Lambda Phi and Harayato the Caribbean Students Association, numerous organizations chipped in to bring the fun and joy of the day before Halloween.

“They are such a great club and when they invited us to come, we just couldn’t say no,”  said Johnny Nguyen, a sophomore from the Art of Random Kindness organization. “We just hope that people have a good time tonight; Halloween’s a time to have fun and be safe.”

Aside from helping out P.A.R.E., many of these organizations also provided entertainment for those attending the event. Organizations set up many different activities such as game booths, live music and even some dance performances for everyone to enjoy.

One of the highlights of the event was the American Chemical Society homemade ice cream demo that used virtual reality for everyone to try out and a raffle contest for students to enter to win some prizes.

One moment that stood out was the costume contest. Throughout the night, students were fully committed to the entire event by going in full costume. A select few were chosen to compete for the best costume of the night.

By the time the event ended, many students felt nothing but joy and satisfaction as they left the D’Angelo Center; awaiting next year’s event.