Winter Carnival’s N.Y. Spectacular Postponed

TORCH PHOTO/NICK BELLO

Christmas spirit will officially arrive to the St. John’s campus on Wednesday, Dec. 6 at the 27th annual New York Christmas Spectacular on the Great Lawn.

The event was originally scheduled for Tuesday night but due to inclement weather the event was moved last minute.

The Winter Carnival is an tradition at St. John’s with multiple days filled with holiday festivities. The New York Spectacular features fireworks, performances, New York street vendor food along with the lighting of the Great Lawn Christmas tree.

The event is followed by a dessert party in the D’Angelo Center where students can eat and win prizes.

According to Student Government Inc., the Santa’s Workshop event on Tuesday, Dec. 5 will use half of the desserts and half of the giveaway prizes meant for the Winter Carnival night so that students have a chance to attend one of the events and still snag some goodies.

The Winter Carnival will begin Wednesday at 6 p.m. on the Great Lawn in front of St. Augustine Hall and will end around 8 p.m.