Top 50 Rank for Online Grad Program

U. S. News & World Report ranked St. John’s University’s online graduate business and education programs among the top 50 best online programs in the country for the third year.

In the Report’s 2018 listings, the University’s online graduate business program was ranked at number 45 in the “Best Online Graduate Business Programs” (excluding MBA) category. The online education program placed number 31 in the “Best Online Graduate Education Programs” category.

Elizabeth Ciabocchi, Ed.D., vice provost for Digital Learning and executive director for Online Learning and Services, said that the ranking is “especially impressive when compared to other private institutions,” according to the University website.

“St. John’s University stands out as one of only two private universities ranked by U.S. News & World Report within the top 45 for both online graduate education and non-M.B.A. business programs,” Ciabocchi said.

According to U.S. News & World Report, there are various standards they used to rank universities and colleges. These consist of student engagement, admissions selectivity, faculty credentials and training and peer reputation.

Senior Data Analyst at U.S. News & World Report, Eric Brooks, explained why SJU has received the ranking on the University website.

“Overall, the 2018 rankings assessed 165 non-M.B.A. business programs and 309 education programs,” Brooks said. “The top-ranked programs are those that best serve remote students and have academic standards commensurate with those at quality, traditional brick-and-mortar programs.”