Jim Webb’s Campaign Ending or Just Beginning?

In the thick of political conversation about Hillary Clinton’s emails and Donald Trump’s next big move, candidate Jim Webb has pulled out of the Democratic presidential primary. Although the former senator of Virginia opted out of the Democratic race, he hasn’t entirely given up just yet.

Webb claims that he simply cannot picture himself fully supporting another candidate still in the race and strongly feels he would be the best fit for president. With Webb’s viewpoints being neither strictly Democratic nor strictly Republican, he now plans to continue to run in the election, but as a candidate for the  Independent Party.

For those readers who cannot quite put their finger on who Webb is, he was the one who, at the first Democratic debate for next year’s election, kept on complaining about how little time he was given to speak. To be frank, Mr. Webb, when you pull a stunt like that, people won’t exactly remember you for what you had to say. But that’s all history now, like your run in the democratic campaign.

Firstly, to be deemed a Democrat you must be nominated – which he was not. So, was he ever really in the race to the White House? It is evident through recent polls that Webb wasn’t exactly a favorite of the American voter public, so what does this mean for him now as an Independent?

It must have been difficult for him to fully shine while Clinton and Bernie Sanders snatched away all of the spotlight. But, how can he be a legitimate independent candidate without having a strong infrastructure or direct communication to us, the voters? Although Hillary’s, “I’m just chilling in Cedar Rapids” video was ridiculous, it sure did get our attention.

So many more questions can arise in this very confusing situation, but we might as well give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he hasn’t completely given up. Webb does have a military background, so maybe this is a complex strategy he’s using to, in the end, spring up in the race, dash past Capitol Hill, blow kisses to his competitors and grab onto his victory.

Since Vice President Joe Biden announced that he will not run for president, just a day after Webb’s announcement, the spotlight, once again, hasn’t really been focused on Webb. However, Webb still has nearly a full year of diligent campaigning to redeem himself. Who knows – perhaps Webb’s odds as an Independent might be higher than his chances as a Democrat were.

If finances all add up to be doable, then we might seriously be watching Jim Webb run as an independent candidate in the 2016 presidential election. After so much positive public reception that fellow independent, Bernie Sanders, has acquired, it should be interesting to see what Jim Webb has in store for these next coming months.