The latest beauty must-haves for the Spring

With the first day of spring approaching, it’s beyond time for all of us to unravel our scarves, peel off our winter gear and to start preparing our skin, nails and hair for the beautiful weather ahead of us.

For those of us who neglect our hidden skin (AKA legs, feet, elbows and arms), it’s time to begin moisturizing now so that your skin isn’t cracking or looking dry when you take your first steps down the Strip.

Try Vaseline Aloe Fresh ($4.99 at drugstores) for a light cream that refreshes and revives moisture back into the skin.

The scent is clean and fresh, making it wearable for both men and women.

The winter months can be tough on our faces even if you think you’re outside only for a few seconds in between classes.

For those of you who have been neglecting moisturizing your face, try Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion ($9.99, walgreens.com). It has SPF so it’s perfect to add to your spring/summer beauty routine.

It’s crucial that your moisturizer has SPF; you never truly know how much the sun is damaging your skin.

Moisturizer isn’t only for women – men, your skin needs to be moisturized daily as well.

Feel free to take a few drops of your sister or girlfriend’s moisturizer to give your face a smooth look.

Smooth skin and sunshine are guaranteed to leave a smile on your face, which may provide a fear that perhaps your teeth simply aren’t white enough.

When shining your beautiful smile throughout campus, in interviews and during social gatherings, make sure your teeth are clean and white with Colgate Optic White Toothbrush with whitening pen ($14.99 at drugstores).

The whitening pen attaches to the toothbrush for easy, on-the-go touch-ups.

With the perfect smile, make sure to moisturize your lips with EOS Smooth Strawberry sorbet ($3.29, evolutionofsmooth.com). The perfect set of teeth can be completely overshadowed by chapped lips. Make sure to keep your lips moisturized and put your best smile forward.

Not only does the winter mess with our spirits, but it tends to dry out our hair and bring on intense split ends.

For those of us currently suffering with split ends and not ready for a major chop, try Pantene Pro-V Split Fix Instant Split End Repair Crème ($6.29 at drugstores). Apply the crème after washing, conditioning or blow-drying your hair.

Split ends can cause extremely low hair self-esteem and avoiding unwanted hair chops is always positive.

For those of you who are suffering from consistent split ends, try using Suave’s Split End Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner ($3.99 each at drugstores).

All around, this winter in New York City has been an extremely difficult one, causing a bit of neglect in our beauty routines, but it is never too late to start taking care of your body and to make sure you’re in best form by summer.