Cassadee Pope releases debut solo album “Frame By Frame”

Since winning season three of “The Voice” with Blake Shelton, the former Hey Monday front girl, Cassadee Pope, has been hard at work perfecting each track for her upcoming album “Frame By Frame” which was released on Oct. 8.

Cassadee shined on her season of “The Voice,” as a pop rock artist but her debut album has less pop-rock influences and more of a country vibe. Going in the country genre helped Cassadee in a positive way though; instead of simply singing the song, she tells a story in a harmonious way. But don’t worry, those rock influences are still there.

“Frame By Frame” starts off with a fu,  energetic song called “Good Times” and it makes you want to just clap your hands and tap your toes along to the beat. The next track is “Champagne,” which indeed is another fun-loving song. 

After two upbeat songs, the angsty break-up tracks come in to play. Next is “Wasting All These Tears,” which was the first single released off the album on May 31. The song received positive feedback and made it to No. 7 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. This song exemplifies what a pop/country break up song should sound like. After that track is another great break up song called “I Wish I Could Break Your Heart.”

After those two break up songs, the tempo picks up once again with “Everybody Sings.” This song it almost a mix between Miranda Lambert and Avril Lavigne, and it works brilliantly with Cassadee’s voice.

Next on the album is “You Hear A Song,” which might just be one of the best songs on the entire album. The lyrics are well-written and talk about someone loving you even when you don’t love yourself. One can feel the emotion in the way Cassadee delivers the song.

After that there is “This Car,” which is another upbeat pop/country song. Next it goes back to the slower ballads with “One Song Away” and “Easier to Lie.”

The next song, “11,” takes us through Cassadee’s memories as she transports the audience back in time to when she was 11-years-old. This song talks about her strained relationship with her father.

The last track on the album is “Proved You Wrong.” If you’ve been a fan of Cassadee Pope before “The Voice,” you might recognize this song. She had written this song before she appeared on the show and has performed it live before. This song brings out Cassadee’s pop rock roots. Ending “Frame By Frame” with “Proved You Wrong” was pure genius because it is about all the obstacles Cassadee has faced throughout her career and she does indeed prove them wrong.

Overall, “Frame By Frame” does not disappoint. It has a little of something for everyone, there’s some pop, country and even rock songs. Her new sound is amazing and she has grown so much as an artist. Cassadee also gives the audience an inside look to her feelings, almost as if “Frame By Frame” is her personal diary. When listening to the album, you get to see who Cassadee is as a person.