Women’s tennis stays hot against UConn

The St. John’s women’s tennis team kept their winning streak as they beat UConn, to rack in their fourth straight victory and move on to an overall record of 5-1 to start off the season. With senior, Yanita Arnaudova, lifting the Red Storm to the 6-1 win with a 6-3, 6-1 clinching defeat over UConn’s Shea Flanagan at fifth singles to successfully complete the sweep of their homestand over the weekend. Senior, Diamond Adams, sealed the deal for the Johnnies during a hard fought three-set win over Lucy Nutting in fourth singles.

A huge collective team effort as freshman Anna Morozova  received her fourth straight win at third singles while freshman, Stephanie Elegegren was deemed victorious as well at sixth singles. Despite suffering a loss during the third slot in the doubles competition, the St. John’s women’s tennis team bounced back to claim 8-4, 8-5 wins in doubles play to clinch No. 2 doubles.  As the Red Storm stands at 1-0 in Big East conference play, they gear up for their next matchup against Army set for Saturday, Feb. 22nd at West Point, New York in hopes of keeping the win streak alive and well.