Whose convention was more successful? McCain

Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, you are sure to at least know the names of the two men running for president.
This year’s election is sure to make history. You have two strong candidates to choose from. Therefore, you must stop and think about who is more in tune with your beliefs.

Many Americans assume that all politicians lie and simply dictate what we want to hear. Unfortunately, what they say, how they say it, the image they portray and how we interpret that image are all that we can rely on in making a decision.

Unless you know Senator McCain or Senator Obama personally, you are not going to know them fully and truly. Their speeches and appearances are crucial for them to win our vote. Therefore, what did McCain say? Did he say enough to keep his voters loyal? Did he say more to receive new and undecided voters?

Was his speech an achievement and did he accomplish what he set out to do?

McCain is by no means a great orator. On the other hand, his running mate, Sarah Palin, was a surprisingly impressive speaker despite her lack of experience. She even had some appeal for Democrats.

But overall, McCain’s speech carried all of his key points and was easy to follow. However, the content was much better than the delivery. The Republicans in the audience seemed excited and pleased with the quality of what he said.

He did address what he and his party believe and what he intends to do if elected. Although his speech wasn’t as glossy or full of energy as Obama’s, McCain was successful in energizing the Republican base and clearly asserted himself as the party’s leader.

McCain was subtle in his comparison of his intentions to Obama’s and never attacked him on a personal level. Perhaps, this subtle approach was to show humility to new and undecided voters.

He addressed the American people more than Obama. He repeatedly stated “I will fight for you” and claimed that Obama’s policies would only keep the rich wealthy.

While McCain said what he needed to in order to keep devoted Republicans, he could have worked harder to convince undecided voters.

Overall, his speech could have been more polished and captivating, though that was counterbalanced by the energy of his running mate and his strong assertion of leadership.