Nicki Minaj causes quite a stir, Eminem raps harsh verse, and Taylor Swift to rock parade

Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj made major headlines over the weekend after she hosted the 2014 MTV European Awards Sunday night in Glasgow, Scotland. As a host and nominee, the 31-year-old rapper and singer made the most of every moment as she took control of the night shining bright every chance she got.

The “Pills & Potion” rapper made a grand entrance as she opened the show suspended from the ceiling in a sparkling bra and matching olive high-low skirt, with a lengthy train designed by Peter Hidalgo that could give Princess Diana a run for her money.  Like a true “Barb,” she managed to fit in 10 wardrobe changes throughout the night.

Although the Queens native received great feedback from viewers for her job as hostess, performer and winner for Best Hip-Hop artist, many were upset that the pop star constantly used profanity. She opened the show with “What the f*** is good, Glasgow?”and continued to use profane words until it ended.

Responding to the negativity, Minaj tweeted “I’m sorry if I cursed, I am Nicki Minaj.”
Unfortunately for the “Anaconda” songstress, it did not end there as she received even more backlash of the lyrics and video for her new single “Only,” featuring Lil Wayne, Drake and Chris Brown.

Many accused Minaj of being a Nazi-enthusiast, as the animated video is very similar to Adolf Hitler’s propaganda. In the video, Nicki serves as the dictator to Wayne, Drake and Chris as well as other soldiers who are seen wearing an “YM” emblem that slightly resembles a swastika representing her label, Young Money.

Abraham H. Foxman, a survivor of the Holocaust and the national director for the Anti-Defamation League, told ABC News Minaj’s video “disturbingly evokes Third Reich propaganda and constitutes a new low for pop culture’s exploitation of Nazi symbolism.”

Minaj apologized publicly on Twitter Tuesday morning, tweeting “I didn’t come up w/the concept, but I’m very sorry & take full responsibility if it has offended anyone.” She continued on writing, “I’d never condone Nazism in my art.”

After her apology she went on to further explain this in a series of tweets saying that one of her best friends and overseer of the process was Jewish, adding that the animated video was inspired by Cartoon Network’s “Metalocalypse.”

Eminem

Known for harsh and explicit lyrics in his music, Eminem usually gets a pass with his vulgar language.

However, this time he took things a little too far, as fans and critics are upset after he spit controversial lyrics making light of domestic violence.

In his lyrics seen in his “Shady Cxypher” video that included Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf, the 42-year-old rapper pokes fun at the infamous Ray Rice video. The veteran rapper took jabs at Janay Rice in the verse saying, “I may fight for gay rights, especially if they d*ke is more of a knockout than Janay Rice.” He then went on to attack Lana Del Ray rapping, “Play nice, bitch I’ll punch Lana Del Ray in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance ’til the head is bangin’ on the railin’ … then celebrate with the Ravens.”

As of now, neither Janay Rice nor Lana Del Ray have responded to Em’s trash-talking.

Taylor Swift

CBS revealed Monday morning that Taylor Swift would be performing multiple songs at the networks 54th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade live from New York City.

The announcement seems fitting as Swift was recently named New York’s Global Welcome Ambassador for 2014-15. Other acts sharing the stage with the “Shake It Off” singer include Nick Jonas, Idina Menzel, Lucy Hale, Quvenzhane Wallis, KISS and the Broadway cast of Matilda and Pippin.