Fitness Truth: Why people REALLY do not get results from their training

People are not getting results when they train. The reason is because they lack the knowledge to change their bodies. Fitness is not rocket science, you lose weight when you take in fewer calories than you put out, and you gain weight when your body takes in more calories than you put out.

The reason why you do not have a six pack, the reason why you do not have lean arms, the reason for not having a tush that has jaws dropping is not because you do not want them. I know if I had all three of those things with the exception of a big butt I would ecstatic, wouldn’t you? The reason you don’t is because you lack information.

If you knew exactly how to get into shape, with the knowledge you then would have the power to change your body.

The reason for this article is to open up your eyes and to have you finally realize that it’s not your fault you are not in the shape you want to be.

Knowledge equals power. This has been a phrase we have all come across. Whether it was from television or from the mouth of a professor in philosophy class (chances are you were sleeping), it’s a common phrase. Many may ask why is this related to fitness.

Ask people what they do in a workout and then ask them where they got it from and chances are they got it from a magazine or from a friend. We need to learn what the principles are behind the magazine routines to see how we can apply them in our workouts to our benefit.

Now let’s address some specific issues pertaining fitness truth. Many people will tell you if you want to lose weight, hop on the treadmill and run your butt off. That’s a great plan when the person is not active at all and really needs to lose a lot of weight. But what about the girl in our school gym who is probably only five pounds off, is she, too, going to do cardio until she cannot push herself any longer? Chances are she will lose weight, but unfortunately it will be muscle because she did not focus on strength training at all to maintain her muscle.

Fitness is all a game, and if you plug the right pieces together, boom, you’ll have a wonderful body. And for incoming freshmen, do not make yourself a stranger to the gym. Yes, the computer labs are cool, but commit yourself to working out on a daily basis to battle the freshman “15.”

Tips

Drink close to one gallon of water.

Always balance carbs with a lean protein. For example, salad or rice with chicken or turkey breast. Do this because carbs tends to make blood sugar go up; by balancing it with a protein we keep our blood sugar stabilized.

Do not just perform cardio, combine cardio and strength training to get an overall lean look. Strength training will add or maintain the muscle you already have while cardio should be used to just get more calories burned during the day.