New court date set for Rev. Plock

A court hearing for a former St. John’s priest arrested last month for his role in an online sting operation was quickly adjourned Monday morning in Queens Criminal Court and has been rescheduled for Jan. 7.†

Kevin Ryan, communications director for the Queens District Attorney’s office said the postponement was the first step in the “pre-trial stages” of the case.†

“The case was adjourned for a later date,” he said. “It’s a little early to predict what will happen at this time, but [Rev. Plock] will be back in court on Jan. 7.” †

In the meantime, Ryan said, investigations into the case will continue.

Rev. Charles Plock, 63, was arrested Oct. 10 in his Queens campus apartment after allegedly sending obscene videos to an undercover officer he thought was a 13-year-old boy, according to police reports.†

Rev. Plock was also arraigned in Queens Criminal Court on the day of his arrest and was released on $150,000 bail, according to various news reports. Numerous media outlets also report a condition of the priest’s release from police custody was for him to check into St. John Vianney Center, a Pennsylvania behavioral health facility for members of the clergy.†

Rev. Plock is being charged with attempted dissemination of indecent material to minors and attempted endangering the welfare of a child and faces up to four years in prison if found guilty, according to the Queens DA’s Office.

Shortly after the decision was made in the courtroom to delay the hearing, the priest, who traded in his clerical clothing for a dress shirt, tie, black blazer and dark green slacks, and his lawyer, John Theodorellis, quickly exited the Queens Criminal Courthouse as a group of photographers followed them down Queens Boulevard with cameras flashing.†

Theodorellis declined to comment on the case.