This week in Showbiz

Big Sean and Naya Rivera decided to tie the knot

Congratulations are in order to Big Sean and Naya Rivera. The hot young couple are now engaged. They began dating a little over six months ago after the “Glee” star gathered up enough courage to follow the G.O.O.D. music signee on Twitter.

The 25-year-old rapper, who was smitten with Rivera before the two ever met, says that she is indeed his dream girl. From their first public appearance at the premiere of the film “42,” the pair have instantly become a Hollywood “it” couple. They have been inseparable ever since the “Mercy” lyricist recorded songs with Rivera and appeared on the cover of “COMPLEX” magazine together.

26-year-old Rivera revealed the news last Thursday on the red carpet for Latina Magazine’s “Hollywood Hot List” party. The budding songstress showed up, flaunting her new accessory on her left hand. The dazzling diamond is a princess cut and reportedly between 3.5 to 5 carats and worth an estimated  $70,000.

Jackson family loses court battle against AEG

After hearing testimonies from Michael Jackson’s mother, his children son Prince and daughter Paris, and ex-wife Debbie Rowe, the jury decided in favor of the club promoter, AEG. Katherine Jackson said that AEG Live contributed to the death of her son by negligently hiring Dr. Conrad Murray to act as the 50-year-old pop star’s caregiver and not noticing his decline in health.

The L.A. jury determined that AEG did hire Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 for administering the dose of anesthetic propofol that killed Jackson. Although Jackson’s legal team argued that hiring Murray was unethical, the jury still decided that there was not enough evidence to award the Jackson family $1.5 billion.

Taj Jackson, Michael’s nephew who serves as co guardian for his children, tweeted, “Thank you guys for all your support. Unfortunately there will be no closure for my family #bigmoneywinsagain AEG.”

Are Khloe and Lamar headed toward divorce?

It seems that the youngest Kardashian sister cannot catch a break. After news broke earlier in the summer that Lamar Odom was having an affair with numerous women, the Kardashian PR team immediately cleaned up the cheating scandal and it all seemed okay until late August.

It was then revealed that Odom had been kicked out of his Taranza, Calif. home and was living in a downtown Los Angeles loft.

Things got even messier when People.com broke the story that 33-year-old, Odom checked into rehab for drug addiction and released himself after less than 24 hours.

The couple recently celebrated their forth wedding anniversary apart further fueling the rumors of divorce. The newly slimmer Kardashian, was seen leaving the gym and later removed her new surname from her Twitter account.