What’s Poppin’: “John Wick Chapter 2”

It’s easy to love Keanu Reeves, isn’t it? Especially his John Wick character, who shoots through bad guys like the Patriots shot through the Falcons in the second half of this year’s Super Bowl.

“John Wick: Chapter 2” is the sequel to the surprisingly amazing, action-packed and beautifully shot and choreographed 2014 film. It takes place about five days after the first and opens with John Wick on a hunt for some blood. Later in the film, John Wick becomes the hunted, which isn’t quite as fun – and therefore makes the original the slightly superior film – but still displays the same relentless energy that made the first so great.

My one, personal qualm with the film is that there is never any real feeling of tension. We know John Wick is a badass, we know he’s going to take down everyone in his path, so we know he will more than likely not die. It drains the film of some of its suspense, but who cares? Keanu Reeves owns the role and has a lot of fun with it, and along with the quality camera-work and choreography, Reeves is truly the one who springs the movie to zealous life.

“John Wick: Chapter 2” is an amazing action film – fast, ferocious and great, great fun from start to finish.