Golf: Third at Princeton

This past weekend, the women’s golf team had the opportunity to play in the Princeton Invitational where they earned a third place finish behind host Princeton University and Harvard University.† The Red Storm shot a team total of 640 over the weekend, 28 shots behind second place Harvard and 46 shots behind first place Princeton.

Leading the Red Storm was junior Brittany Lambertson, finishing tied for second overall after shooting par her first round and earning a total of 148 for the weekend, two shots shy of the leader, Annika Welander from Princeton. This is the second week that Lambertson finished second to help earn the Red Storm another third place finish.

Helping the team take home the third place finish was freshman Renee Cloutier who finished 12 overall shooting a 156 for the weekend.† This was the Florida native’s second week finishing with a top 20 performance.

Adding to the Red Storm’s success were three more freshmen.† Just barely missing out of the top 20, shooting 163 for the weekend, was Ashley Szewczuk. She finished 21st overall in the invitational.† Rounding out the team were Samantha Tejada, who shot 174, and Lauren Milosh who carded a 181.

The Red Storm has been led in this early season by a brand new cast that looks to be forming into a young core. They go on to the Yale Fall Intercollegiate this weekend (Sept. 30 and Oct. 1) with high hopes of having another excellent weekend and more outstanding performances from its young players.