Grub That Won’t Make You Bug

Finding a place to nab some lunch or a midday nosh can be problematic when living in a city with the “make up for lost time” mentality.

SoHo Park is above reproach when it comes to meeting your wants and needs. The wait staff accommodates you based on your day schedule; if you need to grab and go, they’ll be on the double. But if you’re in the mood to step away from the hustle and bustle of your metropolis, your waiter/waitress will be sure not to use their customary New York City haste. Walk-up ordering is another option to consider.

Soho Park is without a doubt a quintessential eatery for college students who are looking to flee campus and munch on something outside of their tiresome school dining hall. The menu prices are inexpensive and food is basic enough for the pickiest of eaters.

This eclectic little spot is notorious for its Grilled Two Cheese Sandwich with gruyere, parmesan, fresh basil pistou, and sliced tomato on sourdough. All sandwiches are served in a metal basket lined with parchment paper, which parlays their picnic motif.

From the grill, a classic park burger is prescribed to take care of your carnivorous cravings with certified Angus beef patty, topped with shredded iceberg, sliced pickles, and tomatoes on a potato roll. To compliment the Park Burger, an order of the Chicago Fried Zucchini Sticks, served with curried mayo, is the pick of the bunch. The Southern Fried Pickles may spark your curiosity but lacks that needed palate-bursting flavor.

SoHo Park Iced Tea is a thirst-quenching beverage that is neither sweet nor bitter, but very soothing. Park Iced Tea is a fresh-brewed Ceylon tea, berry puree, with mint.

This is a dining experience in your very own greenhouse. You have a choice of outdoor or indoor seating. Make your way through the glass door to enjoy an outdoor lunch on a cobble-stoned patio. As you walk through the grill, take note of the ivy enveloping the brick wall. Assorted pots are lined up and around the top of the wall. Stray hubcaps are utilized as d√©cor and light bulbs hang from the ceiling to keep it well lit. During the Fall, you can still enjoy your meal al fresco with SoHo’s outdoor umbrella patio heaters.

As U.S. humorist Erma Bombeck would say, “I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food.” So, take a chance and take a trip to 62 Prince Street between 10 a.m.-10 p.m., and explore what SoHo Park has to offer.

www.sohoparknyc.com
(212)219-2129
Subway: N, R to Prince St.