Chaotic Twitter story rises to fame while questioning accuracy

Social media has allowed many people their fifteen minutes of fame. However, Aziah “Zola” King may have more than just that, after her posting of an epic trip to Florida gained her international attention.

Her story, told via Twitter, spans 148 tweets and details how a spontaneous weekend trip to strip at high-end clubs turned into an event involving prostitution, kidnapping, murder and attempted suicide.  Though the authenticity of her story is in question, King’s story blew up with avid fans demanding to see her story transform into a novel or movie.

King revealed to TMZ her intention to capitalize her fame, and claims that Hollywood executives and reporters are offering her interviews, books and a movie or television series on her roller-coaster ride experience.

She also told TMZ her aim to trademark specific phrases used in her tweets, and expects to see people walking around with Zola-quoted t-shirts, beanies and buttons in the near future.

With all the immediate widespread attention that arose, Jess–the white stripper turned prostitute in King’s story–has revealed her own version.

She claims that King nearly fabricated the whole story, with only the part about them working at a strip club in Florida being true. Also, she claims that it was King that turned to prostitution in the first place, not her. In her tweets, King accuses Jess of selling her body for sex.

In her TMZ interview, King responds to Jess’s allegations by claiming, “If I was her character in this whole thing, I would probably say that too.”

Since her posting, King has rewritten the story and has changed certain details, such as character names. She disclosed to TMZ that her reasoning for doing so was to protect her story from legal repercussions.

Regarding the story, senior Alexis Nunes says, “It’s definitely not made up in my opinion, the craziest stories are often true.”

Though many may find King’s tale entertaining, Nunes believes people must use this event as a dialogue to talk more openly about human trafficking.

“Even though a lot of people are laughing, it raises awareness about sex trafficking and the maltreatment of women that is not talked about,” he said.