Campus Activities Officially Announces Stormin’ Loud Performers and Ticketing Information

Campus Activities poster.
Torch Photo / Dea Hoxha

The semester is coming to an end and Stormin’ Loud is approaching. The festival is set to take place on the Great Lawn from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on April 29, 2022. Students are ready for the live performances, carnival rides, giveaways, food and much more.

The festival — open exclusively to St. John’s students — is presented by Haraya, the Resident Student Association, the Student Programming Board and Campus Activities. The latter posted on their Instagram account on March 30 announcing that eight performers are in place for Stormin’ Loud.

“In the past, I heard J Cole performed at St. John’s and to have him perform again would be amazing,” said freshman Sadie Soto. Three student artists, selected by the St. John’s Battle of the Bands competition, are performing at the festival-style event. “I think it’s cool to see smaller artists get exposure,” Soto added. “As for who else I believe will perform, definitely someone New York born that is coming to represent the city they grew up in.”

Campus Activities officially announced performances from LIVE, Sensacion, Step Ya Game Up, Kickline, Juanialys, B Lovee, Capella Grey and headlining performer Sleepy Hallow on Tuesday, April 19. The three winners of the Studio C Battle of the Bands — 2Wavy, Brooke and Worthy — are also performing at Stormin’ Loud.

Tickets became available on Tuesday, April 19 via email and came in three tiers — General Admission, Silver Ticket and Gold Ticket. General Admission tickets are free and include admission and access to giveaways and rides. Silver Tickets cost $25 including a swag bag, a Stormin’ Loud T-shirt and a food pass at one food option station allowing students to skip the line. Gold Tickets cost $50 including a swag bag, a Stormin’ Loud T-shirt, shorts, a skip the line food pass for up to two food stations and a pass to skip the line at all rides and attractions. Each St. John’s student is allowed one ticket, and will need their ticket, Stormcard and a wristband to attend the event. Ticket sales will end on Wednesday, April 27 at noon. Students can pick up their wristbands and passes starting April 29 at 9 a.m. on Marillac Terrace A after presenting their tickets.

Last year, a Storming’ Loud festival was held virtually due to the pandemic. However, after seeing a decrease in COVID-19 cases and implementing vaccination requirements, the University lifted the mask mandate last month. Student Government, Inc. and Campus Activities then chose to hold Stormin’ Loud as an in-person event. The festival is going to be one of the most crowded events this semester as anticipation increases. 

“The reason I want to go to Stormin’ Loud is because I want to get involved in as many events as I can, and I kept hearing about it during my Student Ambassador training,” said Nikita Persaud, a freshman marketing major. “I think Stormin’ Loud is the perfect opportunity to celebrate the fact that in-person activities can take place again and it gives students the opportunity to experience concerts and festivals.”

The University is eying a return to normalcy after the pandemic. Multiple events are planned this semester, from a Lip Sync Battle to the SJU World Cup, ending with Stormin’ Loud. Updates on the event will be posted on the Campus Activities Instagram account.

This story was updated on Wednesday, April 20 to include the official performers for the Stormin’ Loud festival and ticket information.