New shuttle service a success

Man has created many brilliant things over time such as Eva Longoria, fried chicken, rims, and chocolate cakes, but the creation of the new St. John’s shuttle system is just genius.

For those of you who are unaware, St. John’s has had shuttles that travel from the Manhattan campus to and from the Queens campus for the past two years.

This year, Student Affairs expanded its route, and now buses travel from the Queens campus to and from the Staten Island campus, and from Queens and Manhattan to 42nd Street in Manhattan.

Many students, especially from Manhattan campus, have expressed gratitude towards St. John’s for catering to their needs as commuting students. St. John’s has gone as far as to add a shuttle, transporting students who take the MTA to Kew Gardens and bringing them to campus- a great alternative to standing in crowded lines awaiting the Q46 bus.

With buses coming and going about every three hours and traveling slightly over an hour each way, the shuttles have proven to be a reliable and wallet-friendly system.

For many struggling college students who can barely afford to even look at food, not having to worry about commuting back and forth between campuses has proven that St. John’s is seriously starting to address the concerns of their students.

This attitude towards the students is also evident through the quality of the shuttle buses, which are air-conditioned charter buses for Manhattan and Queens commuters and trolley-style vehicles for the Staten Islanders.

The school could have simply used broken down school buses with the crazy, longhaired drivers with bulgy eyes, but instead, they provided their students with high quality transportation.

Rather than having to ride the city subway and worry about panhandlers and lewd passengers, the only thing you have to worry about when riding the shuttle bus is whether to take a peaceful nap or enjoy the passing city streets.

The new shuttle system has also provided a great chance for students to sit back and enjoy the finer parts of living in New York City such as the architecture of the many skyscrapers and museums that you pass as you travel from campus to campus.

When asked what he thought of the new St. John’s shuttle bus system, sophomore Nick Becerra, a Communication Arts major, said: “I like my shuttle bus.”

Nick, we like our shuttle bus too.