Engaged in Modern Warfare

The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 lives up to its predecessor, as its campaign breads quality over quantity. The game offers a variety of play modes that will not disappoint. Modern Warfare 2 exceeds the hype and will have players and critics alike talking for some time to come.

The game was released on Monday night when gamers waited in line at select video game stores in anticipation. for all video gamers as the sixth installment of the Modern Warfare 2 was released for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and the PC. Select video game stores held midnight release parties for the long lines of players waiting to pick up their advanced copies or hoping to purchase one before they flew off the shelves.

Modern Warfare 2 is the newest product from Activision and Infinity Ward and lives up to the hype. According to Top News, the game has shattered records upon its release, selling 4.7 million copies in the U.S. and the UK alone, more than any other game, movie, book or album. Surpassing the likes of Grand Theft Auto IV, Spiderman 3, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Tha Carter 3, MW2 was named the most successful entertainment release of all time for the most grossing sales within a 24-hour period.

For those who have played the previous Modern Warfare or are just being introduced to the Call of Duty addiction, MW2 does not fall short of satisfying its customers.

Well-polished graphics with responsive game play and interactive environments create a complete gaming experience.

The game environments include a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, deserts in Afghanistan, the doorsteps of Washington D.C. and snowy terrain in Siberia. The game itself includes several modes of play: Special Ops which allows the player to complete various missions with a friend, Campaign mode which is fairly short and encompasses the main story line of the game, and Multiplayer mode where one can face off against three other friends or take the game play online.

Intelligent A.I. keep the feel of the game realistic and authentic, keeping players from running through a level, guns blazing, without expecting to pay for it. It takes a bit of teamwork and strategy to make it through the game. The only downfall is that one cannot command their team directly and they sometimes fall short to create the proper support.

The gamer follows various characters as they fight to uncover conspiracy and stop terrorism, taking place approximately four years after the first “modern warfare.” The opening scene is rather graphic and gory, contributing to the game’s mature rating.

In the second installment, heroes find themselves up against Russians, as the U.S. has been framed for an international terrorist attack in which innocent civilians are massacred in a Moscow airport. It is a race against time to uncover the heinous attack and clear the country’s name.

The pinnacle of this game is the online play, in which friends can compete against each other or random people in ranked and friendly combat among a total of 16 players. There are about sixteen modes of play, which include free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, Headquarters, 3rd Person Cage Match, Mosh Pit, and Capture the Flag. No two online experiences are alike, leaving gamers playing for hours on end. There are new rewards and upgrades to keep players enthralled, as well. Anyone who plans to embark on this journey should make sure that all their work is done before they begin to play.