Natalia’s new album ‘Kills’

Natalia+Kills+stops+to+pose+for+a+photo+outside+of+a+fashion+week+event+in+NY.+
CBS
Natalia Kills stops to pose for a photo outside of a fashion week event in NY.

ge album for that difficult teenager-turned-young-adult phase. Natalia Kills’ sophomore album “Trouble” is the perfect soundtrack for any rock-loving girl’s wrong decisions, as well as falling in and out of love and hold nothing back.
Singer/songwriter Natalia Keery-Fisher has released music under other aliases (Natalia Cappuccini and Verbalicious) but she is widely known as Natalia Kills, the 27 year-old “Problem Princess” hailing from West Yorkshire, London.  Natalia’s highly anticipated album “Trouble” made me think of a young P!nk in her prime: young, rebellious, tough and full of powerful vocals. The title track “Trouble” sums up the album in one line: “Save your innocence for the next life/Never let them make you think twice.”
The song “Television” throws the listener right into the story line: young rich kids witnessing bad behavior on television and wanting to rebel. It results in them pleading to cops, “you can take the handcuffs off, I promise we won’t run.”
Heavy electric guitars on the album’s single track “Problem” lets everyone know “there’s no salvation for a bad girl.”
Natalia keeps her heartbreaker ideals intact with “Stop Me” and “Boys Don’t Cry.” The eerie back vocals on “Stop Me” partnered with its suggestive lyrics (“When the night is young and we look 25 but we’re sweet 16, can I be the one to turn your nightmare into a dream?”) go hand-in-hand with Boys Don’t Cry lyrics (“I’ll be yours tonight, but don’t hold me too tight. When we say goodbye, remember, boys don’t cry”).
One of the albums best tracks, “Daddy’s Girls,” samples Hall and Oates’ 1997 Top 100 Billboard Magazine Hit “Rich Girl,” fitting into the album’s theme of a well-off girl making all the wrong decisions when it comes to boys. “Saturday Night” is another fan favorite; it’s an awesome track to get dressed to before going out with close friends and making unforgettable memories.
“Devils Don’t Fly” is one of the more powerful ballads of the album. Natalia belts out emotional verses centered on not being strong enough to deal with hardships and identifying with a devil that wants to escape but can’t find a way.
What’s being young without a little complication in matters of the heart? Natalia warns off and runs away from suitors with “Outta Time,” sweetly singing, “You knew that I could hurt you, but you said I was worth the fight.”

“Controversy” is such a fitting title for this medley of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll. With the tracks theme of peer pressure, as well as heavy techno beats and raunchy lyrics and a few suggestive sounds, even I would “drink the kool-aid”? This track sets listeners up for “Rabbit Hole,” another peer pressure-themed track made for “those kids your momma warned you about.”
“Watching You” and “Marlboro Lights,” (another album ballad) are softer tracks off the album, with one clear understanding: breakups are hard.
“Trouble” takes you through the tale of a young woman still trying to figure out what’s right and what’s wrong, but not really caring either way. An album for a young girl with a dark past, even darker present, but a hopeful future, Natalia Kills delivers a well put-together track list that is sure to make you want to find a party or fall in love (maybe a combination of the two).