No Boys Allowed review

Looks like Keri Hilson is ready to top the charts with the release of her second studio album No Boys Allowed, the amazing follow-up to her debut album In A Perfect World.

Money, sex and empowerment are the main points of discussion in this album. Whether seducing her lover or filling up her bank account, Hilson encourages female empowerment in each of her tracks on NBA.

As a sophomore album, NBA shows why Hilson is currently one of the top song writers in the music industry. The album is straight forward; listeners will not skip through the tracks as they flow together with the laid-back confidence that originated in her 2009 single “Turnin’ Me On.” Hilson gets in the face of her male audience and holds little back with lyrics that are hard-hitting and cleverly thought out. She promotes girl power through tracks like “Pretty Girl Rock,” “Gimmie What I Want,” and “Buyou,” seemingly reflecting on personal experiences and stressing how independent women need men who act as their equals. 

However, Hilson also shows a vulnerable side with the songs “Breaking Point” and “Beautiful Mistake,” painting heartbreak and pain against a backdrop of catchy beats and singsong melodies. Despite the album’s title, Hilson has tweeted that the songs are meant to serve as a guiding point for her male fans in how to treat a woman. However, it is evident that Hilson has dealt with her share of boys and no longer needs them in her life.

Overall, Hilson has solidified herself as a hit-making artist with this album and has proven that she has more to offer in her career.