Fall Concert Tickets on Sale Now

Published 10/13/09

Tickets go on sale today at noon for the St. John’s fall concert featuring Maroon 5 in Carnesecca Arena on Nov.7.

Students can purchase $5 tickets at the Campus Concierge desk in St. Augustine Hall. Tickets for faculty, administrators, staff and guests will be $20.

Campus Activities announced on Oct. 9 that the Grammy-award winning pop/rock group would headline this year’s event. Other acts have yet to be announced.

Jen Panzarella, Associate Director of Campus Activities, said the goal of the on-campus concerts are to appeal to the different music tastes of students.

“We’re trying to get in the habit of the fall concert being more alternative rock and pop and the spring concert to be more of hip-hop and rap,” she said.

According to an online Campus Activities poll last semester, Maroon 5 ranked among the top 10 percent of musical acts students wanted to perform at St. John, Panzarella said.

Panzarella also said spring’s Audiowave concert featuring Lupe Fiasco and N.E.R.D., received the largest attendance of any other on-campus concert to date.

“Last year was quite the learning lesson in better facilitating future events,” she said. “Every year we try to learn more about our events and we try to improve them.”