New Apple products astound with design, array of innovative features

The wait is over! After months of rumors and anticipation, on Sept. 9, Apple unveiled two new iPhones as well as a fresh new product, the Apple Watch.

In the span of the two-hour presentation, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook put countless rumors to rest as he unveiled the brand new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. In addition to these, he surprised everyone with a compatible smartwatch known as the Apple Watch, as well as an electronic wallet that may soon make plastic credit cards a relic of the past.

Different from the slightly disappointing debut of the iPhone 5C and 5S, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are said to be “the best iPhones Apple has ever produced,” according to the Mirror. The big question that everybody seems to be asking is the difference between the new iPhones and the different iPhone 5 versions.

The answer is simple, we love simplicity, and the iPhone 6 is loaded with features that are sure to be big game changers when it comes to all things basic.

Some features include:

Following the ‘phablet’ trend

The most obvious change would be the screen size on both phones. With smart phone screens in the market getting larger by the minute , Apple has received criticism for its use of small screen sizes. The iPhone 6 has a screen that is 4.7 inches wide, while the iPhone 6 Plus has an astounding 5.5-inch screen. 5.5 inches? That’s only 2.4 inches smaller than the iPad Mini, which has a screen size of 7.9 inches. On top of the rather big change, the home screen can now work horizontally.

Despite having a much larger screen, both the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are thinner than the 5S, the iPhone 6 Plus being 7.1mm.

#Selfies galore

Apple is well known for its cameras that seem to consistently outpace the competition and it looks like the new iPhone 6 camera will be no different.

Though the camera is still an 8-megapixel model, the sensor has been upgraded. Apple introduced this as the “next generation iSight sensor” that has special “focus pixels.” These pixels allow phase detection and autofocus that makes pictures clearer. It is also said to be twice as fast as the iPhone 5S.

The new camera also has a “burst selfie” option that allows you to take 10 consecutive pictures in seconds with one click. In this day and age when the world of ‘selfies’ and Instagram have become a part of our everyday lives, getting the perfect picture is important, and Apple has made it easier than ever.

Texting/Autocorrect

Texting has become a vital part of life. It makes classes go by faster, allows venting sessions to last for days and has made unimaginable conversations much easier. How could texting become better than it already is? How about being able to add voice, video and your location to any message?

You now have the option to directly do those functions with one click. Apple went out of their way to add a predictive keyboard that learns your texting conversation style. Say so long and farewell to the days of writing “duck” and “ducking.”

Battery Life

People nowadays use their phone for almost everything. You use it as your planner, note-taking source, calculator, news center, flashlight, music player and who can forget the beloved apps that we spend endless hours immersed in.

With all the possibilities and power you have at your fingertips, you feel invincible! That is, until the green battery bar at the top right corner slowly changes to red and you watch as the percentages drop lower and lower. You can’t help but panic, but fear not, because Apple has provided a way for you to sustain your precious battery for those all-nighters. The new iPhone now has a battery that lasts up to 24 hours on standby. No more carrying around those portable chargers or worrying about where the nearest outlet is.

Some other additions include:

• A phone that functions 50x faster than the original iPhone
  • An A8 chip that can handle stunning graphics (for all you game lovers out there)
  • 14 hours of 3G talk time
  • Wi-Fi and LTE that is 3x faster than the original
  • A screen that has one million pixels. In other words, whatever you’re doing will feel and look like you have the best seat in the house. The iPhone 6 Plus will have two million pixels.

Now you’re probably wondering, “What is the price for all of this?”

You will be able to buy the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus starting Sept.19. The iPhone 6 will start at around $199 on-contract for a 16GB, with 64GB and 128GB available for a higher price of $299 and $399, respectively.

The iPhone 6 Plus is available in all three GB sizes as well, with higher prices of $399 and $499.

The phones will be available in space gray, gold and silver.

Aside from the iPhones, Apple introduced the Apple Watch and Apple Pay.

Starting at $349, the Apple Watch, which is Apple’s version of a smartwatch, is a much-anticipated product that people say will triumph over all others. Though the watch has many functions and features, here are some of the most important:

• A sapphire retina display that is available in two different sizes: 1.5 inches and 1.7 inches
  • Color touch screen that has Force Touch, which essentially differentiates between accidentally grazing your watch and using it.
  • A Taptic Engine and a built-in speaker combo for instant tactile feedback and a built-in heart rate sensor. It also has sensors for health/fitness apps.
  • The following capabilities: text messaging, e-mail, phone calls, access to phone contacts, sending visual messages and use of Emojis.
  • GPS, Wi-Fi capability and Siri from the user’s phone
  • The ability to use Apple Pay, which is basically an electronic wallet that you carry your cards in.
  • A special Digital Crown on the side that zooms in and also serves as the home button.
  • It is compatible with the iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus.

The watch is due in stores early next year and available in many different styles. For Apple lovers everywhere, the wait seems eternal.

It is said that “simplicity is the key to brilliance,” and time and time again, Apple has mesmerized people all over the world with their simplistic design and approach to technology. With the unveiling of these new products it seems that Apple will continue to be brilliant and bring happiness to people for many years to come.