Take a Bite Out of the Big Apple

With only two more months left of summer vacation, fun-filled memories of the Fall semester are slowly flowing into the hearts and minds of many.

Although college life in New York City is filled with hard work, exams and studying, there is also plenty of room left for excitement.

New York City is a place of entertainment and magic; a place in which you can lose yourself in a fantasy life of the rich and famous.

Studying and doing your work is necessary for any college student. However, having fun is the second most important aspect of college life. What better place to have fun than the famous New York City with its endless possibilities?

While you are taking a study break or just looking for something enjoyable to do with your new and old friends, you may want to consider these various places and options.

For instance, if you are an individual who enjoys live music at affordable prices, then the Knitting Factory is the right place for you.

The Knitting Factory is known to host underground bands as well as those that have reached an ultimate high in the entertainment business.

Not only is it a fantastic place to experience music, but also a great place to host a party with all of your friends.

An all time favorite of many New Yorkers and tourists is Times Square, with more entertainment spots in one area than most others in Manhattan.

You can visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and take pictures with all of your favorite actors, singers and sports stars.
Right next door to the wax museum is the newly opened Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum, where you can discover shrunken heads, a section of the Berlin wall, and many other eye-popping collections.

The entertainment does not end there since there are many other great recreational spots that will make your heart race and flood your soul with emotions in the Big Apple.

For example, a great place to relax and bond with friends is Broadway with its many productions like the famous “Lion King” or “Chicago.”
You will become captivated as soon as the lights are dimmed and the actors come on stage to enthrall and transfer you into a different world – a world where anything is possible.

Although these attractions may seem a bit on the pricey side, they are definitely worth the money because of all the activities and experiences that lie ahead.
Afterwards, you can catch a bite of scrumptious food at the various restaurants that surround the Times Square and Broadway area.

The nightlife of New York City is an experience of its own with the numerous clubs that you can go to and dance the night away.

There are also great karaoke bars, an IMAX theater and arcades where you can feel like a little kid again playing the various games and competing against others.

So when the studying gets too much, grab your friends, some cash, and a little mix of spontaneity and cruise into the heart of New York City where the fun never ends.

The Knitting Factory:
74 Leonard St.
Subway: 6, J, M, N, Q, R, W, Z to Canal St.

Madame Tussauds/Ripley’s Believe it or Not
234 W42nd Street
Subway: A, C, E, S to Port Authority or 1, 2, 3, N, R, B, D, F, Q to 42nd Street/Times Square

Broadway:

IMAX Theater:
AMC Loews Lincol Square at 1998 Broadway
Subway: 1, 9 to 66th St-Lincoln Center