Music’s most anticipated albums

With the semester in full gear, students have started their personal countdown toward the end of the year, while fans from around the world have ignited theirs, with the news of newly anticipated album releases set for 2009. Next year one can expect an entire streak of new music to hit stores, yet there are a few artists you should pay careful attention to with their promise of change.

U2, TBA (2009): U2 is once again marking its path in music history with another album release set for early 2009. Though the album was originally set to be released in time for the holiday season of winter 2008 it was pushed back since the band has reached a record high in their songwriting.

“We’ve hit a rich songwriting vein and we don’t want to stop,” Bono said in an interview with Rolling Stone.

So what can you expect on U2’s new album? According to U2star.com, the album, which has been rumored to be titled No Line on the Horizon, will be all about the music without any planning beforehand for live concerts or the album itself. The band wants to take its fans on a transition as it had done in the past with their album, Achtung Baby. As of now, U2 has recorded around 50 to 60 tracks which are being considered for the upcoming release.

According to U2.com, the band has promised that their 12th album will be their best one ever.

“We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don’t want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album. It has to be our most innovative, our most challenging … or what’s the point?” Bono said in an interview on the band’s website.

“We want 2009 to be our year, so we’re going to start making an impression very early on,” he added.

The All-American Rejects, When the World Comes Down (2009): The All-American Rejects are busying themselves in the recording studio as they strive to finish their next innovation for early 2009. According to Billboard.com, the All-American Rejects are also on a roll and have recorded more songs thus far than on any other album. They hope to capture everything that they have been feeling and in the process they hope to capture their fans’ hearts once again with their new album, When The World Comes Down.

30 Seconds to Mars, TBA (2009): 30 Seconds to Mars are taking a similar path as rock band U2 by changing their colors like a chameleon and promising early on that 2009 will be theirs.

According to MTV.com, 30 Seconds to Mars frontman, Jared Leto, said in an interview, that as a band they are aiming to move forward in their music, and do not intend to recreate the same kind of magic they had before with their past album. Instead they intend to evolve into something that will enthrall the audience and capture them in a new and exciting way that had not been done before.

According to Aceshowbiz.com, the band as well as the fanbase is in for some major changes.

“We’re always going to change, always going to grow, always going to evolve so it’s going to sound different from the last album. We always want to change. That’s important to us,” drummer Shannon said.

As these bands, and many others, continue to create their masterpieces that are aimed to take you on a ride of their life, you can indulge in 2008’s late music releases from Ludacris and The Cure as you await the new albums.