Coming soon to a stage near you

Now that spring break is all over and done with, what else do we have to look forward to? Summer is close enough, but we need something more than just that. Thankfully, there are some big time concerts to look forward to over the coming months. Maybe you’ve already gotten a jump on things. Britney Spears has kicked off her tour, Fall Out Boy is heading out within the next couple weeks, and T-Pain is hitting New Jersey just after this publishes. So here is a look at some of the upcoming shows you might want to try to snag some tickets for.

Katy Perry
Love her or hate her, Katy Perry can put on a solid performance. Just ask anybody that has been to one of her sold-out shows this year. Chances are you won’t be able to find tickets on Live Nation or Ticketmaster, so if you want to check out Katy Perry you will have to head to StubHub or eBay. She’ll be in New York April 6-8.

Dave Matthews Band
Yet another artist (band, we should say) with a quickly approaching New York date. DMB is out on the road to coincide with the release of their upcoming album, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King. They’ll be at MSG on April 14 and at the IZOD Center April 15, but they’ll be back at Nikon at Jones Beach come July.

No Doubt/Paramore
We featured No Doubt in the last issue, so we won’t harp on the return of Stefani and Co. Tickets have already been scooped up, and we are seeing single tickets going for $120 on up on StubHub. Jersey’s Bamboozle might be a better bet. Good luck on tickets.

311
The boys from Omaha, Neb. are almost a sure bet to go on tour every year. This year, they’re putting on the 2009 Summer Unity Tour with Ziggy Marley. 311 will be promoting a new album, Uplifter, due out June 2. They’ll kick the tour off in June. Check their Web site for ticket information.

Incubus
Incubus will also be promoting an album… sort of. Monuments and Melodies hits shelves in June, but features only two new tracks. The rest of the album will comprise of their hits and rarities. The tour starts in July, with tickets going on sale sometime in April.

Nickelback
Another album promotion. But promotion or not, Nickelback brings out massive amounts of people to their shows, so they are doing something right. They’ll be in New York in July.

Jonas Brothers
They have invaded just about everything else, so don’t be surprised to see them here. It’s still a big time concert; a world tour, no less, with Jordin Sparks and Honor Society. Purity rings for all!

Depeche Mode
They’ve been around a long, long time and yet they are still going. Currently working on a new album, they will be promoting it on their upcoming Tour of the Universe. Depeche Mode will be at Madison Square Garden in August.

There are some other bands going out on tour this summer, such as The Fray, Eric Clapton and Def Leppard. Head to your preferred concert information Web site for full listings.