The World of Science

If there is any museum fit for the modern science lover, the New York Hall of Science is definitely the place. Chock full of interesting and hands-on exhibits, this museum is guaranteed to teach visitors something new no matter how old they are.

Located in Flushing Meadow Park, Queens, this breathtaking museum will without a doubt astound anyone who walks through the door for the first time. It seems that each exhibit is better than the one before. With more than 450 exhibits focusing on biology, chemistry and physics, there is something special for everyone. The museum succeeds in its ultimate goal: to incorporate fun into learning. Because almost every exhibit explores the relations between elements in everyday life, it is easy to get caught up in the mounds of information being presented.

If anyone is looking for a place to bring children, this museum would be perfect. Not only will children be invited to discover the world around them, but they will also learn about the atoms of the body and how humans are programmed. The museum offers children the opportunity to participate in fun brain teasers and puzzles guaranteed to bring a smile to any child’s face. It is very refreshing and pleasant to see so many eager children running around trying to soak in as much information as they could.

This museum would make for the perfect field trip, birthday party or even just a spur of the moment vacation to take with a friend or family member.

One of the many impressive aspects of the museum was the extremely knowledgeable staff. Not only were they friendly and more than willing to help, but the amount of information they know is astounding. It is apparent that they truly love their jobs and will do everything in their power to make your visit nothing less than a pleasure.

For the ultimate science enthusiast, there is also an opportunity to take a trip to The Science Technology Library of the New York Hall of Science. Located in the North Wing of the museum, this spacious area has every kind of book, DVD and video imaginable pertaining to science. Other features include a media center, a preschool reading area and numerous science experiments.

The museum also happens to be quite accessible. Pre-recorded voice messages that explain selected exhibits are available (free of charge) for guests with any kind of vision impairment.

Because the museum is quite large and there is so much to be seen, visitors can take a break and attend the café, where adults and children can enjoy snacks, sandwiches, desserts and beverages.

Admission is quite reasonable considering the size of the museum. The price for adults (ages 18+) is $11 and children, students, and seniors are charged $8. With free parking and sensible fees, a trip to this museum would be the perfect way to spend an afternoon without spending a lot of money. This is the ideal place for any child to broaden their mind and learn about the world around them. As far as the adults: it is a way to learn new things never taught in new school and a great opportunity to be a kid for a day. One thing is for sure: this museum guarantees you a good time, so stop by and explore the fascinating world of science.