JoJo’s back !

For the millions of us silently praying for the return of Jojo back to our iTunes accounts and television screens on Valentine’s Day, Jojo released an EP called “#lovejojo” to announce her arrival back on the music scene. The former teen sensation has been out of the spotlight for quite some time and has recently signed with Atlantic records.

She opens the EP by covering Anita Baker’s infamous “Caught Up In The Rapture” and even added her own twist. The song has an upbeat vibe with just enough space to hear her beautiful voice and ability to reach a range of notes.

Jojo also covers Phil Collins’ “Take Me Home” with a military marching beat and an added soft vibe. In closing, Jojo brings us to church in her rendition of the gospel song “Glory”, where she slows things down and shows her ability to rift with grace.

Although the EP is only four songs, Jojo reminds of why we all loved her so much and shows how talented she truly is. While we remember Jojo for singing songs telling boys, “to leave, get out” and reminding them “It’s just a little too late,” this time she may just be showing us how great it feels to fall in love. Although there has been no official release date of an album, this EP has forced fans new and old to continue biting their nails while waiting for more.