Stars who dazzled the Oscars 2014 red carpet

On March 2, 2014 ABC aired the 2014 Oscars and even though many people waited until 8:30pm to see who won “Best Supporting Actress” or “Best Costume Design” many of us tuned in two-hours earlier to watch all of our favorite stars walk the red carpet. The Oscars is just as much of a runway of fashion and beauty trends as it is an award show.  The red carpet was graced with neutral colored gowns to crimson red and classic black gowns. The beauty trend seemed to be a very soft, natural vibes with the exception of Kerry Washington, who went for a daring deep colored lip to match her very noticeable baby bump in a soft purple Jason Wu gown. Our other maternity fashionista, Olivia Wilde, wore a form fitting, floor length black dress by Valentino.

According to Glamour Magazine’s twitter, Wilde described her outfit by saying “We [meaning her and her baby-to-be] are wearing Valentino and Lorraine Schwartz Jewels.” Another actress that went for a more daring color scheme was Amy Adams, who shocked the crowd when she arrived in a navy blue Gucci gown with Tiffany Jewels. However; she decided to follow the beauty trend of subtle pink nails and natural looking make-up. Jennifer

Lawrence amazed all onlookers once again with a crimson red Dior Couture dress with a 100-carat diamond necklace. Lawrence was said to have been wearing 3 million dollars worth of Neil Lane jewels, which could have been what was weighing her down causing her to trip on the red carpet.

The red carpet could not end until the budding style star Lupita Nyong’o arrived, leaving everyone more than satisfied with a subtle reminder of why we love her so much. Nyong’o arrived in a light blue Prada dress, which she described as “Nairobi blue” because it reminded her of home. Lupita Nyong’o also supported soft make-up with neutral shaded nails and a trend-setting headband.

However, the women were not the only ones setting beauty trends and wearing some of the most coveted designers. Jared Leto who was nominated for “Best Supporting Actor” in Dallas Buyers Club arrived in a white suit with a dark red bow tie and probably the best ombre hair on the red carpet. Leto was not the only one with the idea of the white/ivory suit as Ryan Seacrest and Matthew McConaughey looked their best in one as well. Pharrell decided to leave his hat at home this award show, but he did bring his own touch to his outfit with a Lanvin tuxedo jacket, shirt, bowtie and dress shorts. The Oscars red carpet was full of surprises and new trends that set the stage for the Oscar award show.